Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day of Training


Thanks to everyone for the concern regarding the deer. I am not sure if I am more upset about hitting it, or the fact that the Sheriff scared it away on the two good legs it had. It was a good sized buck and would have provided lots of meat to offset the damage to my car.

On a positive note....Of course I have to point this out after the "trash talk" I was getting from these guys on Saturday at the pick up. Mark B and Scott P, guess we won't have to worry about your Colts or Cowboys. Better luck next year. Now I have the dilemma of supporting my hometown team, The Patriots. I grew up in Fall River, MA and we ran our horses in Foxboro right beside Foxboro Stadium, in the early ninety’s. Now I live with a diehard Packer Fan.....I think I will be "Switzerland" to keep the home happy.

Sign is making slow but forward progress. I can rub her all over with a curry comb on the end of a 4 foot pole. I have gotten about half of the mud off her. Some of it is like cement and taking more rubbing to loosen it. I have only touched her a few times before she moves away, but she is liking the rubbing that I do from two feet away, any closer than that and she loses her confidence. She whinnied at me when I walked out of the stall after a 30 minutes rubbing session. As much as she would rather I don't get too close, she does appreciate being rubbed. She is also learning to give to the pressure of the halter. I will provide an update in a few more days.