Sunday, January 27, 2008

End of Week Two

This weekend the weather finally warmed up some. Today, Sunday, it was in the 30's, sunny and little wind, almost warm enough for a trail ride.

This weekend was the first time Sign has gone outside since her arrival two weeks ago. She didn't do much other than stand on one side of the round pen. We have about 12 inches of snow on the ground, so it is easy to tell where she goes in the round pen. Since our round pen is outside, I have not used it for her training. All training has been done in the indoor and stall.

Cherish took so very great pictures of all the horses, including Sign in the snow. I'll post some as soon as possible. Sign was a great photography subject, she just stood like a statue and observed her environment.

I did more standing in the stirrups and establishing contact with the bit. I will get on her when I feel like there are "no holes". My goal for the first (and every) ride is to be very "uneventful". I have a plan to "fill the holes" this week and may be ready to get on by next weekend.

Sunday concluded with trailer loading. I think Sign liked the extra height she gained standing in the trailer.

Stay tuned for some very cool "snow pictures",