Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 18



Last night, I wasn't excited to spend anytime in the indoor since the temps dropped to near zero again. I found plenty to do in the aisles. It was a good time to work on ground driving and more desensitizing. I laid across her from both sides. While I was working on her accepting me laying all over her, the dogs decided it would be fun to have races up and down the aisle right beside us. It was "hair on end, run as fast as you can, slam on the brakes, spind and go back" multiple times. Sign really likes the dogs and cats, so anything they do never bothers her. She did get her first ride earlier this week, if being ridden by a cat counts? I also cross tied her for the first time. She stood there like she had been doing it for years. I put my gelding in the cross ties beside her for a while and he taught her to paw, not a good thing.

I also have different people going in and out of her stall throughout the day to continue to gentle her. Every day she becomes more accepting of us, it really helps that she loves grain and treats, but she is still reluctant to take anything directly from a person.