Monday, February 18, 2008

No Show, Again

I was planning on going to the second day of a two day show this past Sunday. We have been expecting bad weather on Sunday, so I was waiting until the last minute to make the decision to go or not. The organizers ran the entire show in one day, on Saturday because of the expected rain, snow and ice. That was a good decision, because Sunday AM the freezing rain had arrived. There was 2-3 inches of ice in everyone’s drive way and the parking area at the barn. The roads were better, but I did see quite a few cars in the ditch. This coming weekend I am going to Corpus Christi, TX to get some R&R and relief from the winter. So, there will be no showing next weekend. Maybe March will be our month to get some traveling done?

I gave Sign Friday and Saturday off. No one was at the barn Friday night, so I didn't think it would be wise to ride alone and no one was expected until the stall cleaners were to arrive Saturday AM. Saturday I went to Madison to audit a reining seminar at the UW Stock Pavilion. That was the first time Sign had two days in a row off. Sunday she was a little more reactive, but I did get a much better canter from her.

This week will be more of the same ground work and under saddle work I have been doing. Sign will get Friday - Sunday off, unless someone wants to come ride while I am out of town :)