Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Getting Ready

I have not posted in a while because I have been busy working and training. Sign is doing great. I took her to a show a few weeks ago and she handled all the chaos well. I planned on taking her again this past weekend, but the weather was too nice to pass up a trail riding opportunity. She has been on a few trail rides now and did great. This past weekend one of the other riders forgot his bridle, so I loaned him mine and rode in the halter. People that don't know her well are amazed at her sensibility, we who do know her have come to expect everything to be no big deal with her. I also took her to a roping competition with Lalo Govea. She got to spend lots of time tied up with the other horses and being patient. She did everything asked with no issues.

I have also been putting lots of effort into getting her condition ready for the competition. She is now clipped and bathed and looking more like a show pony and less like a mustang.

There is also going to be an article on us in the Racine Journal Times probably this Saturday.